Me! I mentioned a little while ago on the blog that I had a special event coming up, well the night finally rolled around on Saturday and the hubs and I got to don our glad rags and head out for a night on the town. The event was an awards dinner for my work and we decided to make a night of it and splurge on a city hotel room afterwards. The weather did not play nicely and after hitting 45c (113f) on Thursday, Saturday was miserable, overcast and 20c (68f). I try not to leave things to the last minute but I ended up having to buy this navy lace cocktail dress on the day of the event and I cannot believe it only cost me $99. What a steal! The right underwear can make or break a dress and I thought I had packed a strapless bra in my overnight bag but sadly I had not. Oh well, I don’t think the straps were that noticeable through the lace given the lights were turned down fairly low. I paired it with my Sweeti sandals but because we still had a reasonable walk to the venue from our hotel I threw on a pair of things to make it bearable. The venue was spectacular and I would have loved to be able to share lots of photos with you but sadly I lost my iphone last Thursday and am still waiting on a replacement. It just wasn’t practical to lug the DLSR around all night so the only onsite photos I have were of us hamming it up in the photo booth which was a whole lot of fun. It also occurred to me that despite blogging for over a year now, I have never featured Sydney’s most famous icons in a post and it was about time I rectified that. These photos were taken in Circular Quay with the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Museum Of Contemporary Art Australia and the Overseas Passenger Terminal as the background. I really do love our harbour, it is spectacular on a sunny day but you will just have to take my word for that! While all these photos were taken in Sydney, I’m in Melbourne again for work for the next three days which will be super hectic and I’m counting the days until Christmas when I have a little time off! Read on for all the details …
This week I wore:-
- Events Navy Lace Cocktail Dress – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #40. Buy here. Options here, here & here.
- Nine West Sweeti Sandals – Old. Options here & here.
- Wanted Shoes Crystal Clutch – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Colette Cuff – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Havaiana Grey Crystal Thongs – Old. Buy here.
- Georg Jensen Heart Ring – Old. Buy here. Options here, here & here.
- Gucci G Watch – Old. Buy here.
- Baku Silver Drop Earrings – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Follow your host on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram and/or Pinterest;
- Add a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in the post you are linking (text or button above);
- Link as many times as you like to specific blog posts (not your home page); and
- Visit a few other blogs and find new blogs to love.