It’s week two of my series The Wednesday Pants (TWP) and while I am starting to build somewhat of a wardrobe many items are on-line purchases and are yet to arrive so my choices are still very very limited. I was up at 4.30am today to catch a flight to Melbourne and normally I dress for comfort and practicality when I travel for work but I have been banned from wearing a cardi for a few weeks by The Co-Conspirator and I wanted to add a bit of colour so this is what I came up with …
This week I wore …
- TWP – Nuff said
- Forcast Top – From The Weekly Wrap # 2
- Black Cue Jacket – I don’t do jackets really. I bought this probably about 6 months ago and have worn it only once. I really like it, it’s just that I love a cardigan for work as it’s much less restrictive, however with the cardi ban in place I have to find alternatives which would still keep my tattoo hidden. Downfall is that it does not stand up to the still freezing, windy and rainy Melbourne weather and therefore an overcoat was needed once I got off the plane! I bought it in a size up so I don’t feel quite as restricted but this is an item that will be unlikely to get a whole lot of use.
- Black Christian Louboutin Mistica 60 Pumps – Bought at Neiman Marcus in Hawaii in June this year with The Co-Conspirator. A lower, thicker heel that I would not normally go for but Mr SFH encouraged me to buy as a ‘practical’ alternative to stiletto’s, which seemed like a sensible choice for walking long distances through the airport. This is only the fourth time I have worn them and they are not quite worn in yet so I am quite glad to report a blister free day but a few more wears will have them feeling even better.
- Black Kate Spade Tote – Bought at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets about 4 years ago with The Co-Conspirator during a trip to New York. It got a lot of love when I first brought it home but I haven’t used it for about two years but it’s time for a resurface. Love that it fit’s my laptop for work trips without having to carry on an extra backpack.
- Black Patent Leather Belt – Cue belt that I’ve had for years but I’m wearing it on a very different belt hole these days. This is an everyday staple that gets a whole lot of use.
- Gucci Watch – One of my two Gucci watches this one is 1900 series grey face. I must have had this one for about 10 years or so and it has languished in the draw with a flat battery for about the last two. I got that sorted last week so it’s time to bring it back out.
- Lovisa Ring & Bracelet – I originally had all silver accessories planned but I thought the outfit needed a little more black to tie it together so I went with these cheap and cheerful accessories. Fantastic plastic!
- Tiffany & Co Teardrop Earrings – Designed by Elsa Peretti, one of my favourite Tiffany designers and purchased about four years or so ago with The Co-Conspirator (again!) on Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles. A little tricky to put in given the angle but this is what makes them so special and they hang just perfectly.
- Scent of the Day – Escada Born in Paradise. Buy it here.